Monday, February 21, 2011

Punxsutawney Phil needs to hang it up...

Early Spring?  Come on!  Statistically speaking, I could flip a coin and be more accurate than him - 39% accuracy?  What a joke!  I bet if a Border Collie was asked to make these predictions, they'd do a much better job.

Anyways, as usual; it been a while since we last spoke, and on par with that- there has been an overwhelming number of requests to update my blog, so here goes!

I've been loving the snow, although I don't get to play as long in it as I would like- my kicks get all iced up after 15 to 20 minutes, so I don't stay out in this weather too long.  I guess I'm just not built for the deep powder.  That's ok- I like the spring, summer and fall best anyways!  Don't get me wrong; I love a good walk through the point on a cold winters day as well; but if I had my choice- I think I'd choose for it to be a bit warmer!



As you can see from the picture of me on the lighthouse- it's going to be a few more months before I get back in that water...  BRRRRRR!




Although I miss the warmth of the summer sun, the Winter does bring some merits - I get to go and walk around the Federal Wetlands behind the house...  I LOVE IT!  My person says I'm overstimulated when I go back there, but I bet he'd react the same way if he saw and smells what I do!  This place is GREAT!  Miles of new sniffs to enjoy and sometimes my friends Turbo (my other neighbor the Black Lab) and Aspen (the Siberian Husky) even come with us!  It's wonderful, and from what I can tell quite possibly one of my most favorite places.  After an hour of running (not walking) around this place, I'm usually spent and retire to my persons bed (after of course I get my paws cleaned off).

Anyways, that's all for now.  I'm off to help shovel the drive for the 2nd time today.  Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Benson - you're starting to sound like Papa. I didn't know you called your paws "kicks". Hope you and Papa have been having fun in the snow. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete